Encore Electric Safety
Encore Electric, Inc. is committed to a complete culture of safety. From our senior management to our new apprentices, every employee is a safety advocate responsible for maintaining safe work environments. Our culture of safety is shown in Encore Electric’s strong safety record, which is consistently better than the electrical industry and the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Our extensive training maintains our high health and safety performance. We make sure that each employee knows the procedures to follow for every task and has the right tools and knowledge to accomplish each task safely and correctly.
We value the safety and well-being of our employees, our customers, and the people who will be the future occupants. We are leaders in training and safe work practices to eliminate potential hazards and prevent accidents and injuries.
Planning for a Safe Installation
Every one of our build plans includes a job-specific safety plan. Every job-site has a clearly-defined site-specific safety plan tailored to the specific hazards associated with each job’s schedule, project logistics and construction type. The safety plan sets out corresponding safety actions for each anticipated hazard.
Our safety plans include:
- Thorough analysis of hazard exposure to employees, tradesman and occupants
- Prescribed plans of safety action to eliminate any identified threats
- Clear communication lines for planning, implementing and reporting safety issues
- Identifying qualified job-site supervision with clearly-defined roles of responsibility
- Identifying certified safety professionals, from on-staff BCSPs (Board Certified Safety Professionals), with defined accountability for project-specific oversight
- Executive support in implementing each job-specific safety plan
Preventing Hazards Instead of Recording Injuries
The same forward thinkers that are responsible for our proactive building solutions have also improved our policy planning and accident prevention processes. Our team works to identify any risky work habits and conditions that might cause near misses and accidents before the work starts.
Our processes and solutions include:
- Pairing a new hire with a tenured team member to promote “work safe” procedures and create a shared accountability
- Hands-on demonstrations of the proper use of all craftsmen tools (from scissors to scissor lifts)
- Daily safety huddles at the gang boxes identify project-specific congestion and adverse conditions
- Our stop-work policy, backed by the executive leadership, that empowers all of our employees
- Material provisions and training for project-wide lockout / tagout protocol for our employees and customers
- Careful coordination of our site-specific safety policy with our clients’ risk management personnel
- Sharing of best practices and electrical safety training with our contracting partners and clients through Encore University
Encore Electric Preconstruction
Encore Electric is recognized as the leader in Colorado and Wyoming for outstanding preconstruction services.
We believe in getting our project management and preconstruction teams together at the earliest stages of the design development. Our customers benefit from our early and insightful focus on the budget, schedule, constructability, and quality of their project. Our entire team’s experience working in fast-track design and construction environments helps us focus on meeting and exceeding expectations for each project.
To this end, Encore is proud of our:
- Collaborative Process – By sharing cost information and best practices with the design community, we create an open dialog throughout the project for strong, coordinated costs solutions.
- Highly-developed, Talented People – Our preconstruction managers and estimators have extensive field experience that allows them to give our team practical, realistic solutions that form a quality foundation of cost for each project.
- Extensive experience and history in design/assist and design/build – Over 90% of all work comes from this delivery method.
- Proactive and Accountable Approach to Managing Budgets and Scope of Work – We carefully consider the size, cost and work hours, and make sure that we come prepared to actively participate in all meetings.
- Comprehensive Systems Review – We dissect and analyze systems early to identify any budget challenges and provide insightful cost solutions to provide a best-value delivery.
- On-demand Conceptual Estimating – Effective cost estimating of all design modifications and concepts that were created in the virtual world allows our team members to make timely and fiscally-responsible decisions throughout the project.
- Extensive Turnover Processes – Our excellent communication between preconstruction managers and operational managers ensures that all commitments made at the beginning of your project are incorporated into the build plan.
Our preconstruction is unrivaled. Our attention to detail at the start of every job is responsible for a successful completion and a satisfied customer.
Encore Electric Quality Assurance
Our Encore Electric Quality Assurance program not only improves our construction quality and reduces rework, it improves our customer satisfaction. We ensure that our customer’s needs and expectations are met through conscientious advance planning. We believe quality must be built in throughout the process, from the initial design to the final walk-through.
Construction plans may change and evolve to conform to circumstances in the field. We believe that our quality assurance program allows us to adjust to changes without compromising our high standards. Our flexible Quality Assurance system allows us to meet each client’s requirements while strictly adhering to all system performance expectations.
Our Quality Assurance Program captures the best industry practices, the most up-to-date procedures for safety and quality, client specifications and building code compliance.
Starting with a clear understanding of performance standards and systems expectations, and taking into account the experience and the strength of our professionals, we define your expectations, redefine our standards for quality, and work diligently to exceed them at every stage.
Encore Electric’s QA/QC process includes but is not limited to:
- Document / Specification review
- System Performance Enhancement
- Intra Trade Coordination
- Coordination via VDC model
- Pre-plan QC means & methods
- In-depth turnovers
Project Engineer Oversight
- Site specifics process managers
- Quality of inbound/outbound information
- Construction Tablet 100% Accuracy
- As built / BIM Model accuracy
- Issue tracking & resolution communication
- Pre-Submittal review for compliance
- Project closeout compliance & accuracy
- Quality expectations communicated daily
- Updated documents via job site tablets
- Internal Quality Audits & Pre-inspections
- Internal audit forms & checklists on tablets
- Coordination via VDC models
- Code compliance w/ AHJ & Inspectors
- Sharing of best practices
- Prefab ideas to increase quality
- LEAN process development
Enhanced Cx – Commissioning
- Early Cx needs analysis
- NETA Testing
- Infrared Scanning
- Facility test planning
- On-staff Electrical P.E.
- Qualified technicians with the Cx team
- Test scheduling coordination
- Pre-Testing w/ Cx team prior to AHJ
- Expertise in SCADA systems
At Encore Electric, every employee, regardless of their level, is responsible for the quality of our work and, in the interests of better owner satisfaction, we continue to improve and upgrade our Quality Assurance procedures.